nouveau.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* [Nouveau] Nouveau with G98: console mixed up
       [not found] <9F91C657-9AF2-45D7-86E5-D2472F1CE0AD.ref@yahoo.fr>
@ 2023-05-25  8:18 ` Damien Dejean
From: Damien Dejean @ 2023-05-25  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nouveau

Hello nouveau team!

I installed Debian 11 on an old laptop with a Geforce 9300M graphics card. The system starts but as soon as the session manager starts, the display is black.
If I start in “recovery mode”, ie without display manager but only a shell, the console gets completely mixed up. I can see something is printed on the screen (I see pixel lines, and even the colour of some systems traces), but the pixel lines are not aligned and the content is not readable.

I also tried to set nouveau.modeset=0 on the kernel command line to boot with a console working, I can get a shell but I don’t know what else to do to debug the situation.

Do you have any advices on parameters I should give to the driver, or to the system to make it works ? Since I can see pixels draw on the screen I guess we’re not far from something working but …

Thanks,
Damien

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-25  8:18 UTC | newest]