Nouveau Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@gmail.com>
To: nouveau <nouveau@lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: [Nouveau] Request for information and/or assistance
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 20:20:22 -0600

Greetings

Running debian testing, 2 nvidia gpus (GP107 and GF110) and 5 monitors
(1 - 3840x2160 and 2 1920x1080 on the GP107 and 2 - 1920x1080 on the
GF110) using one screen (7680x3000).

I would still like to modify some things but can't find any docs on
how to do that and my attempts have only made things worse and I can
function, even though some things are right awkward, on the system.
What I've run into is that my graphics system either refuses to come
out of hibernation or decides to come back on but in a locked state. I
then log into this machine from another on the network and do a reboot
for a 'graceful' restart (rather than use the kill button - - - the
hard shut off).

This event, graphics shutdown, is happening in direct relationship to
how much I have happening on the desktops of which I have lots.

In searching it seems that nouveau support for the GP107 is not yet
complete - - - - or that's what it seems like.

Is there someone out there who has some idea what the problem is?
(There are quite a number of different individuals mentioning this
issue in one of the bug reports.)

I would be happen to revise the nouveau pages on xrandr updating the
information from 1.3 to 1.5 and possibly some of the other pages as
well. I have no programming skills but I do have reasonable writing
skills - - - - would rather trade than to continue taking that 1/2
hour it takes to set my system up after each reboot - - - - taking an
hour or even 1.5 hours a day doing this is a huge drain on my
resources and would rather change this.

Please advise!

Regards

Aj