nvdimm.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches
       [not found]                     ` <20180509204727.7ff38021@canb.auug.org.au>
@ 2018-05-09 16:04                       ` Dan Williams
From: Dan Williams @ 2018-05-09 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: ksummit-discuss, linux-nvdimm, Greg KH, linux-kernel, Mark Brown, w

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:47 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:03:46 +0900 Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> wrote:

>> > Since Stephen merges all -fixes branches first, before merging all the
>> > -next branches, he already generates that as part of linux-next. All
>> > he'd need to do is push that intermediate state out to some
>> > linux-fixes branch for consumption by test bots.
>
> Good idea ... I will see what I can do.
>
>> True.  It's currently only those -fixes branches that people have asked
>> him to merge separately which isn't as big a proportion of trees as have
>> them (perhaps fortunately given people's enthusiasm for fixes branches
>> that don't merge cleanly with their development branches) so we'd also
>> need to encourage people to add them separately.
>
> I currently have 44 such fixes branches.  More welcome!

Please add:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm.git
libnvdimm-fixes

We currently merge this into libnvdimm-for-next for -next coverage,
and resolve any conflicts vs new development. Do you want to see those
conflicts? Otherwise I would recommend only pulling libnvdimm-for-next
for -next and libnvdimm-fixes for this new -next-fixes effort.

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches
@ 2018-05-09 21:51                         ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-05-09 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Williams
  Cc: Mark Brown, w, linux-kernel, ksummit-discuss, Greg KH, linux-nvdimm