nvdimm.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* ndctl create-namespace '--map' option
@ 2018-05-16  7:47 Korman, Yigal
From: Korman, Yigal @ 2018-05-16  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nvdimm, dan.j.williams

Hi Dan,
I was wandering why there's no way of checking where an existing namespace keeps its page-structs (AKA --map={mem,dev})?
'ndctl list --namespaces' doesn't seem to show this.
Is this intentional? Or just a missing feature?

Thanks,
Yigal

* Re: ndctl create-namespace '--map' option
@ 2018-05-16 14:03 ` Dan Williams
From: Dan Williams @ 2018-05-16 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Korman, Yigal; +Cc: linux-nvdimm

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:47 AM, Korman, Yigal <Yigal.Korman@netapp.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> I was wandering why there's no way of checking where an existing namespace keeps its page-structs (AKA --map={mem,dev})?
> 'ndctl list --namespaces' doesn't seem to show this.
> Is this intentional? Or just a missing feature?

I originally assumed it was too much detail. However, given this
request and the discussion around always showing "sector_size" we
should add this property to the output. I'll throw this task on the
dev queue.

* RE: ndctl create-namespace '--map' option
@ 2018-05-16 14:06   ` Korman, Yigal
From: Korman, Yigal @ 2018-05-16 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Williams; +Cc: linux-nvdimm

Thanks, much appreciated.