ocfs2-devel.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de>
To: Wengang Wang <wen.gang.wang@oracle.com>
Cc: ocfs2-devel <ocfs2-devel@oss.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: [Ocfs2-devel] error message in log: ocfs2_reflink_ioctl:4431 ERROR:	status = -17
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:48:38 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

--

Bernd Lentes
System Administrator
Institute for Metabolism and Cell Death (MCD)
Building 25 - office 122
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
phone: +49 89 3187 3827
fax: +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/mcd

----- On Feb 25, 2021, at 5:43 PM, Wengang Wang wen.gang.wang@oracle.com wrote:

>> On Feb 25, 2021, at 4:39 AM, Lentes, Bernd < [
>> mailto:bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de | bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de
>> ] > wrote:

>> ----- On Feb 24, 2021, at 10:49 PM, Wengang Wang [

>>> OCFS2 is a shared-storage cluster FS. For the reflinks, you need and should
>>> create them only from one of the nodes. Don’t do duplicated work (reflink) on
>>> other nodes.

>> Hi Wengang,

>> thanks for your help.
>> Just to be sure that i understand you completely:
>> we reflink some raw file from host 1 and OTHER raw files (not the same !) from
>> host 2.
>> Is that already a problem ? Or are you talking about reflinking the SAME file
>> concurrently from both nodes ?

> No, that’s not a problem. Make sure your applications does the same as you want.
> From the error message, your app could be creating duplicated reflinks from one
> or two nodes.
> That’s what we can know by the error message. I am suspecting the problem is in
> your app, you could try to debug it.

> thanks,
> wengang

Hi,

what we do is to overwrite the reflink from the day before with the current one, with the same name.
For this we use reflink -f. Could that be the culprit ?
Should we delete the old one before ? Or maybe use unique names for each reflink ?

Thanks.

Bernd
Helmholtz Zentrum München

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir.in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671