Hi Denis, Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply. The problem is a bit vulgar actually. That's a shame that I took your time for that but I have another question as I am not sure about the findings below. I had tried to get dump with gsmdial and gsmdial successfully activated the context. So the problem is that we have authentication method set to NONE in ofono. But gsmdial uses CHAP by default. I have manually set the auth to CHAP for the context in ofono and ofono successfully activated the context. There is the provider info from mobile-broadband-provider-info about my provider: China Unicom uninet 联通彩信 http://mmsc.myuni.com.cn 10.0.0.172:80 Am I correct that ofono must use CHAP if the auth method is not specified in the db? I see that the technology used by the modem is HSPA. And I see the following in ofono/drivers/atmodem/lte.c: /* change the authentication method if the parameters are invalid */ if (!*ldd->pending_info.username || !*ldd->pending_info.password) auth_method = OFONO_GPRS_AUTH_METHOD_NONE; And in ofono/plugins/mbpi.c: /* select authentication method NONE if fit */ if (!ap->username || !ap->password) ap->auth_method = OFONO_GPRS_AUTH_METHOD_NONE; As well as ofono/plugins/fileprovision.c:: /* select default authentication method */ (*settings)[0].auth_method = OFONO_GPRS_AUTH_METHOD_NONE; ofono/src/lte.c: /* this must have a valid default */ if (!gprs_auth_method_from_string(auth_method_str, <e->info.auth_method)) lte->info.auth_method = OFONO_GPRS_AUTH_METHOD_NONE; I am not sure about the standards which may be relevant here. Sorry for asking this but I thought that we should use CHAP by default, don't we? Thank you again and have a nice day. Yours sincerely, Sergei Golubtsov.