Hello Denis, > > This patch series implements netmon driver for gemalto modems that are > > able to provide basic measurements using AT+CQS and AT^SMONI commands. > > > > This patch series is intendedly marked as RFC. In addition to general > > I guess you mean intentionally here... > > > feedback for this v1 I would like to clarify the right way to handle > > negative values that can be returned by modem. For instance, this > > So the short answer is: You're not supposed to even have negative numbers in > AT commands. And since oFono follows 27.007, which is itself based on AT > commands, negative numbers do not really exist at the API level. > > Refer to ITU v.250 Section 5.4.2.1 "Numeric constants". Strings are also > supposed to be formatted in a certain way, which the firmware isn't doing > properly either... The fact that you have to resort to using > next_unquoted_string is kind of telling. > > > is the case for the values measured in dBm including EC/n0 and RSCP. > > Currently such values are discarded by CELL_INFO_DICT_APPEND macro. > > I would guess your best bet would be to re-scale from what Gemalto firmware > reports into something that 27.007 recommends. You may have to refer to > 27.007, Section 8.69 to see what the scale is according to 3GPP. Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I will get back with v2 once I introduce the suggested changes. Regards, Sergey