openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* The common solution to support bind/unbind the hwmon driver base on the host state.
@ 2021-03-31  2:14 Thu Nguyen OS
From: Thu Nguyen OS @ 2021-03-31  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi All,

Currently, In Mtjade platform of Ampere, we have SMPro mdf drivers (SMPro hwmon, SMPro errmon, SMPro misc driver).
The drivers will be loaded by kernel when the BMC boot up. But they are only binded when the host is already On.
They are also unbinded when the host is Off.
To support binding/unbinding the SMPro drivesr, we have one service name driver-binder.

  1.  When the Dbus property CurrentHostState of service xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host changes to “not Off”, we will bind the drivers.
  2.  When the Dbus property RequestedHostTransition of service xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host OR Dbus property RequestedPowerTransition of xyz.openbmc_project.State.Chassis

change to Off, we will unbind the drivers.

The driver-binder is working as expected, it have the configuration file to configure which drivers will be binded/unbinded.
But that is our solution.

Do we have any common solution to do that job?

Regards.
Thu Nguyen.