Openbmc archive at lore.kernel.org
* New wiki: configuration guide
@ 2020-10-07 16:27 Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2020-10-07 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Dear OpenBMC community,

A new [Configuration Guide wiki page]() is intended to help builders and
BMC admins.  You can help by editing the wiki with corrections or
additions, even if only to suggest new item.  I plan to move this to the
docs repo.

[Configuration Guide wiki page]:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Configuration-guide

Please take a look!

- Joseph

I need this for my planned work including:
- Transition the project from the root user to an admin user.
- Understand how to disable-by-default services like IPMI and SSH.

* Please contribute to the OpenBMC configuration guide
@ 2020-10-16 18:12 ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2020-10-16 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 10/7/20 11:27 AM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> Dear OpenBMC community,
>
> A new [Configuration Guide wiki page]() is intended to help builders
> and BMC admins.  You can help by editing the wiki with corrections or
> additions, even if only to suggest new item.  I plan to move this to
> the docs repo.
>
> [Configuration Guide wiki page]:
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Configuration-guide

Please contribute to the OpenBMC configuration guide.  This is your
opportunity to pass along advice to someone building an OpenBMC-based
firmware image or to a BMC administrator who needs to configure a BMC.