Openbmc archive at lore.kernel.org
* I need to build an OpenBMC image for a Portwell Neptune card ...
@ 2020-10-15 13:00 James Hatt
From: James Hatt @ 2020-10-15 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Dear OpenBMC,
I’ve been handed the *opportunity* of building OpenBMC for the Portwell
Neptune circuit card. Of course, Portwell is no help whatever.

I am new to OpenBMC. I’ve built Yocto Petalinux machines before. So I have
a little knowledge of Yocto. I’ve lots of experience with Linux and
embedded systems.

Where would I start?

BTW, I was able to clone the OpenBMC repository and build the phosphor
target without error. When I attempt to build meta-portwell/meta-neptune, I
get errors early with bitbake. Since the Portwell literature boasts of
Facebook OpenBMC, I tried their branch and that failed to build also.

Help!
---jjh

*James Hatt |* *Sr. Software Developer*
RF, Optical, and Microelectronics Division
A Division of Sanmina Corporation
Telephone: +1.972.512.5605
email: james.hatt@sanmina.com
1201 W. Crosby Rd., Carrollton, TX 75006
www.sanmina.com |  <http://www.twitter.com/vikinology>*t
<http://www.twitter.com/vikinology>*  <http://www.twitter.com/vikinology>|
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viking-Technology/106725999413927>*f
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/86313?trk=tyah>*l
<http://vimeo.com/vikingtechnology>*v* <http://vimeo.com/vikingtechnology>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints
thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS
E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING.  Notwithstanding the
Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law
of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments
hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a
contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina
Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.

* Re: I need to build an OpenBMC image for a Portwell Neptune card ...
@ 2020-10-16 19:47 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-10-16 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Hatt; +Cc: openbmc