openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* group for foxconn CI  / fii oem repo
       [not found] <DM6PR08MB58838020F8543D03C6235064B2929@DM6PR08MB5883.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2021-03-12 19:25 ` Mohaimen Alsamarai
From: Mohaimen Alsamarai @ 2021-03-12 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, bradleyb; +Cc: Lancelot Kao, vveerach

Hi Brad,
                How can we create Ci group on gerrit and add people to it
And we need to create new repo for the Foxconn ipmi oem

Can you please help with that

Thanks,
Mohaimen Alsamarai
BMC developer
FII USA

* Re: group for foxconn CI  / fii oem repo
@ 2021-03-15 20:51   ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2021-03-15 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohaimen Alsamarai; +Cc: openbmc, vveerach, Lancelot Kao

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 07:25:42PM +0000, Mohaimen Alsamarai wrote:
>Hi Brad,
>                How can we create Ci group on gerrit and add people to it

Created fii/ci-authorized and fii/ci-authorized-owners.  Please add
people to fii/ci-authorized to automatically approve patch authors for
CI.

>And we need to create new repo for the Foxconn ipmi oem

Created openbmc/foxconn-ipmi-oem.  This repository needs a maintainer -
can I get a github account handle to invite to the OpenBMC organization
and assign the maintainer role?

thx -brad

* Re: group for foxconn CI  / fii oem repo
@ 2021-03-16 12:56     ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2021-03-16 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohaimen Alsamarai; +Cc: openbmc, vveerach, Lancelot Kao

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 04:51:50PM -0400, Brad Bishop wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 07:25:42PM +0000, Mohaimen Alsamarai wrote:
>>Hi Brad,
>>               How can we create Ci group on gerrit and add people to it
>
>Created fii/ci-authorized and fii/ci-authorized-owners.  Please add
>people to fii/ci-authorized to automatically approve patch authors for
>CI.

Yesterday I learned there is an additional step to get automatic CI
validation working.  There is a script here that needs updating with
your fii/ci-authorized group:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/master/jenkins/userid-validation#L42

Can you please add a line similar to all the others but with
fii/ci-authorized and then submit that for review to
openbmc-build-scripts on our Gerrit instance?

thanks - brad

* Re: group for foxconn CI / fii oem repo
@ 2021-03-16 14:03       ` Matthew Barth
From: Matthew Barth @ 2021-03-16 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop, Mohaimen Alsamarai; +Cc: openbmc, vveerach, Lancelot Kao

On 3/16/21 7:56 AM, Brad Bishop wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 04:51:50PM -0400, Brad Bishop wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 07:25:42PM +0000, Mohaimen Alsamarai wrote:
>>> Hi Brad,
>>>               How can we create Ci group on gerrit and add people to it
>>
>> Created fii/ci-authorized and fii/ci-authorized-owners.  Please add
>> people to fii/ci-authorized to automatically approve patch authors for
>> CI.
>
> Yesterday I learned there is an additional step to get automatic CI validation working.  There is a script here that needs updating with your fii/ci-authorized group:
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/master/jenkins/userid-validation#L42
>
> Can you please add a line similar to all the others but with fii/ci-authorized and then submit that for review to openbmc-build-scripts on our Gerrit instance?

To save yourself some rebasing, I'd suggest pulling down the following change and adding `fii/ci-authorized` to that as the 'userid-validation' script re-work is in flight.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/+/41301

@ 2021-03-27 14:06       ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2021-03-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop; +Cc: openbmc, Mohaimen Alsamarai, Lancelot Kao, vveerach

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 08:56:16AM -0400, Brad Bishop wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 04:51:50PM -0400, Brad Bishop wrote:
> >On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 07:25:42PM +0000, Mohaimen Alsamarai wrote:
> Yesterday I learned there is an additional step to get automatic CI
> validation working.  There is a script here that needs updating with
> your fii/ci-authorized group:
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/master/jenkins/userid-validation#L42
>
> Can you please add a line similar to all the others but with
> fii/ci-authorized and then submit that for review to
> openbmc-build-scripts on our Gerrit instance?

I don't see this having been done yet so I made the commit:
    https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/+/41658

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* RE: group for foxconn CI  / fii oem repo
@ 2021-03-29 18:38     ` Mohaimen Alsamarai
From: Mohaimen Alsamarai @ 2021-03-29 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop; +Cc: openbmc, vveerach, Lancelot Kao, XP Chen, Mustatfa Shehabi

Hi Brad,

You can add people below as maintainer for the Foxconn-ipmi-oem
mohaimen.alsamarai@fii-na.com
lancelot.cy.kao@fii-na.com
Xiao-Peng.Chen@fii-na.com
Mustafa.Shehabi@fii-na.com

Thanks,
Mohaimen

@ 2021-03-29 18:40       ` Lancelot Kao
From: Lancelot Kao @ 2021-03-29 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohaimen Alsamarai, Brad Bishop, Neil Chen
  Cc: openbmc, vveerach, XP Chen, Mustatfa Shehabi

   Hi, Brad
	Here is an update, thanks
   mohaimen.alsamarai@fii-na.com
    lancelot.kao@fii-usa.com
    Xiao-Peng.Chen@fii-na.com
    Mustafa.Shehabi@fii-na.com
    Neil.Chen@fii-usa.com
    avery.zl.yang@fii-na.com

--
Best Regards.

@ 2021-03-31 20:28         ` krtaylor
From: krtaylor @ 2021-03-31 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lancelot Kao, Mohaimen Alsamarai, Brad Bishop, Neil Chen
  Cc: openbmc, vveerach, XP Chen, Mustatfa Shehabi

On 3/29/21 1:40 PM, Lancelot Kao wrote:
>     Hi, Brad
> 	Here is an update, thanks
>     mohaimen.alsamarai@fii-na.com
>      lancelot.kao@fii-usa.com
>      Xiao-Peng.Chen@fii-na.com
>      Mustafa.Shehabi@fii-na.com
>      Neil.Chen@fii-usa.com
>      avery.zl.yang@fii-na.com

Hi Lancelot, I don't see avery.zl.yang on the CLA - do you need to
refresh your company's CCLA?

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

@ 2021-04-04  3:43           ` Lancelot Kao
From: Lancelot Kao @ 2021-04-04  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krtaylor, Lancelot Kao, Mohaimen Alsamarai, Brad Bishop, Neil Chen
  Cc: openbmc, vveerach, XP Chen, Mustatfa Shehabi

Hi, Kurt
Here is the update for the CCLA,

--
Best Regards.

Lancelot Kao

    On 3/29/21 1:40 PM, Lancelot Kao wrote:
    >     Hi, Brad
    > 	Here is an update, thanks
    >     mohaimen.alsamarai@fii-na.com
    >      lancelot.kao@fii-usa.com
    >      Xiao-Peng.Chen@fii-na.com
    >      Mustafa.Shehabi@fii-na.com
    >      Neil.Chen@fii-usa.com
    >      avery.zl.yang@fii-na.com

    Hi Lancelot, I don't see avery.zl.yang on the CLA - do you need to
    refresh your company's CCLA?

    Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

    > --
    > Best Regards.
    >
    > Lancelot Kao
    >
    >     Hi Brad,
    >
    >      You can add people below as maintainer for the Foxconn-ipmi-oem
    >      mohaimen.alsamarai@fii-na.com
    >      lancelot.cy.kao@fii-na.com
    >      Xiao-Peng.Chen@fii-na.com
    >      Mustafa.Shehabi@fii-na.com
    >
    >      Thanks,
    >      Mohaimen

[-- Attachment #2: OpenBMC.CCLA.pdf --]

* Re: group for foxconn CI  / fii oem repo
@ 2021-04-08 15:30         ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2021-04-08 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lancelot Kao
  Cc: Mohaimen Alsamarai, openbmc, Neil Chen, vveerach,
	Mustatfa Shehabi, XP Chen

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 06:40:36PM +0000, Lancelot Kao wrote:
>   Hi, Brad
>	Here is an update, thanks
>   mohaimen.alsamarai@fii-na.com
>    lancelot.kao@fii-usa.com
>    Xiao-Peng.Chen@fii-na.com
>    Mustafa.Shehabi@fii-na.com
>    Neil.Chen@fii-usa.com
>    avery.zl.yang@fii-na.com

Wow, thats a lot of maintainers for one repo!  :-)

I've sent invitations to everyone here, please accept the invitations
and then once that happens you should be able to merge code in Gerrit.

-brad

* Re: group for foxconn CI / fii oem repo
@ 2021-04-19 16:07             ` krtaylor
From: krtaylor @ 2021-04-19 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lancelot Kao, Lancelot Kao, Mohaimen Alsamarai, Brad Bishop, Neil Chen
  Cc: openbmc, vveerach, XP Chen, Mustatfa Shehabi

On 4/3/21 10:43 PM, Lancelot Kao wrote:
> Hi, Kurt
> Here is the update for the CCLA,

Not sure how I didn't get this, but anyway, your update has been
accepted. Thanks for keeping it current.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

       [not found] <SN6PR08MB50879F47244702D7920CC0AB9C8C9@SN6PR08MB5087.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-07-25 16:22 ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2022-07-25 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lancelot Kao; +Cc: openbmc, Charles Boyer, Neil Chen

> On Jul 18, 2022, at 4:05 PM, Lancelot Kao <lancelot.cy.kao@fii-na.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Kurt
>                 We need to update our list again.  Thanks for the help.

CCLA updated.

Thanks,
Brad

* group for foxconn CI / fii oem repo
@ 2021-03-12 19:32 ` Lancelot Kao
From: Lancelot Kao @ 2021-03-12 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, bradleyb; +Cc: XP Chen, vveerach, Mohaimen Alsamarai

Hi Brad,
1. How can we create Ci group on gerrit and add people to it
2. we also need to create new repo for the Foxconn ipmi oem

@ 2021-03-12 19:29 XP Chen
From: XP Chen @ 2021-03-12 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, bradleyb; +Cc: Lancelot Kao, vveerach