Heyi, On 9/13/21 3:49 AM, Heyi Guo wrote: > Hi all, > > Can we use underscore "_" in IPMI sensor names? Now we see that "_" in > sensor names will be replaced with space in the code, even if we really > use "_" for sensor names in json configuration files. > Which layer is translating the "_" char? Are you referring to D-Bus? IPMITool? Some other locatioN? It would be helpful to know. As an example, D-Bus translates "-" to "%2D" and back because D-Bus, or one of the D-Bus consumers can't accept the hyphen character. It is likely that the underscore character has some similar naming convention issue. You may want to investigate using the same scheme to translate between "_" and a "%5F" combination. > The background is that we used underscore "_" in sensor names in legacy > BMC, and all the OOB software uses such names to get sensor data. > Therefore we want to make it compatible for switching to OpenBMC. > > Is there any way to achieve this? > > Thanks, > > Heyi > -- Johnathan Mantey Senior Software Engineer *azad te**chnology partners* Contributing to Technology Innovation since 1992 Phone: (503) 712-6764 Email: johnathanx.mantey@intel.com