openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Thang Nguyen <thang@amperemail.onmicrosoft.com>
To: openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org
Subject: Re: Implement OEM mechanism to handle xyz.openbmc_project.Condition.HostFirmware interface
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 08:54:59 +0700	[thread overview]

Hi,

Let me explain more detail about our cases:

- Our system uses a GPIO called FW_BOOT_OK to detect if the Host is
currently ON or OFF. The Host firmware set this GPIO when the first core
initialized.

- We have no problem in Host State with power control. But the problem
is in the case of BMC rebooted while the Host is ON.

- Before the commit
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/commit/0d1c3f1f9329c853677f0581287afef83eeea0f0,
phosphor-reset-host-check@.service  is used to check and update Host
State in case of BMC rebooted. But after that commit, the service file
was removed. This makes no target service to update the Host State and
the host check is fail at
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/blob/0a675215d6a6d2eb13e030ba0f618a4691de58d4/host_check.cpp#L109.

We would like to ask for your idea on how should we implement for the
Host check when BMC is rebooted?

Thanks,

Thang Q. Nguyen