openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Error in SDK Installation
@ 2021-04-07  3:51 m10902803
From: m10902803 @ 2021-04-07  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello,

I followed the steps from
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/dev-environment.md .
And in SDK part, there is an error when I tried to wget the file andit said:

get: write error: No space left on device

wget: write error: Connection reset by peer

I use VM to run the Ubuntu. My disk space still has a lot of empty space,
but when I ran it in Romulus machine, it said that no space left.

Sincerely,

Muhamad Luthfi Mufadel

Master's Student of Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering

National Taiwan University of Science and Technology

* Re: Error in SDK Installation
@ 2021-04-07 18:15 ` Andrew Geissler
From: Andrew Geissler @ 2021-04-07 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m10902803; +Cc: openbmc

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 10:51 PM, m10902803@gapps.ntust.edu.tw wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I followed the steps from https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/dev-environment.md . And in SDK part, there is an error when I tried to wget the file andit said:
> get: write error: No space left on device
> wget: write error: Connection reset by peer
>
> I use VM to run the Ubuntu. My disk space still has a lot of empty space, but when I ran it in Romulus machine, it said that no space left.

This seems to be a common point of confustion. Thanks to AndrewJ for this gerrit update:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/42003

In summary, the SDK is installed on your development system, not the QEMU instance.