Openbmc archive at lore.kernel.org
* Representing PCIE slots as Inventory Item in OpenBMC
@ 2020-10-14 10:35 vishwanatha subbanna
From: vishwanatha subbanna @ 2020-10-14 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello,

IBM has a need to represent PCIE slots as Inventory Item and I have pushed the interface commit:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/+/37392/

Our proposal is to represent each PCIE slot as : /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/<$board>/pcieslot/<$slot_number>

To represent 'em in Redfish, we would use the PCIeSlot schema: https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/v1/PCIeSlots.v1_4_0.yaml

Would the community have any feedback ?

Thank you,
!! Vishwa !!