openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Use usb-ctrl for USB gadget management
@ 2020-10-08  7:48 i.kononenko
From: i.kononenko @ 2020-10-08  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC MailList OZLabs

Jeremy,
I've found the gerrits change[1] about including the usb-ctrl to the state_hook of Virtual Media mounting.
I'm working on improving Virtual Media functions to add media interface type[2] which impacts state_hook. I'd like to take over me the above described changes  to speed approve updates of [1].
Kindly may I ask to assign the task[1] to me? I'll like to suggest a [2] together with [1], is it possible?
Thanks!

Links:
1. https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/33492
2. https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:%22virtual_media_interface_type%22
--
Best regards,

Igor Kononenko

* Re: Use usb-ctrl for USB gadget management
@ 2020-10-08  8:35 ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2020-10-08  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: i.kononenko, OpenBMC MailList OZLabs

Hi Igor,

> I've found the gerrits change[1] about including the usb-ctrl to the
> state_hook of Virtual Media mounting.
> I'm working on improving Virtual Media functions to add media
> interface type[2] which impacts state_hook. I'd like to take over me
> the above described changes  to speed approve updates of [1].
> Kindly may I ask to assign the task[1] to me? I'll like to suggest a
> [2] together with [1], is it possible?

Sure, I'm fine if you want to take care of the state hook changes!

However, I'm not sure what you mean by assign the task to you. If you
want to work on this, feel free to take my changes and modify them, and
I'll abandon the original review request.

Cheers,

Jeremy

* Re: Use usb-ctrl for USB gadget management
@ 2020-10-08  9:11   ` i.kononenko
From: i.kononenko @ 2020-10-08  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Kerr, OpenBMC MailList OZLabs

On 08.10.2020 11:35, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>
>> I've found the gerrits change[1] about including the usb-ctrl to the
>> state_hook of Virtual Media mounting.
>> I'm working on improving Virtual Media functions to add media
>> interface type[2] which impacts state_hook. I'd like to take over me
>> the above described changes  to speed approve updates of [1].
>> Kindly may I ask to assign the task[1] to me? I'll like to suggest a
>> [2] together with [1], is it possible?
>
> Sure, I'm fine if you want to take care of the state hook changes!
>
> However, I'm not sure what you mean by assign the task to you. If you
> want to work on this, feel free to take my changes and modify them, and
> I'll abandon the original review request.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Jeremy

Jeremy, thanks for the reply.
I've just like to notify that I want to take this changes on itself.
Ok, as soon as possible I'll suggest a patch set by another change.

--
Best regards,

Igor Kononenko