openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Re:  Request new repo for Audit function
@ 2021-08-13  3:21 Milton Miller II
From: Milton Miller II @ 2021-08-13  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Liu, OpenBMC Maillist, Brad Bishop

Reply below

-------- Original Message --------
From: George Liu
Date: Thu, August 12, 2021 7:52 PM -0500

Hi Brad:

We have a requirement to implement an Audit function, I found that
there is a design doc[1], but there is no code to implement it.

Could you create a new repo for Audit function?
eg: phosphor-audit

[1]: https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/phosphor-audit.md

thx - George Liu

-------- End of Original Message --------

Hi George.

Please update the design with consideration for inclusive naming[2] before submitting code for it, as it uses depreciated terminology in it's external control interface.

I see this design was merged almost 2 years ago before this policy was in place but as you said it hasn't been exposed by the community yet so we won't need to maintain compatibility with prior implementations.

[2] https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#inclusive-naming

Thanks,
Milton

* Request new repo for Audit function