openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Security Working Group - Wednesday March 31
@ 2021-03-31  0:56 Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2021-03-31  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

This is a reminder of the OpenBMC Security Working Group meeting
scheduled for this Wednesday March 31 at 10:00am PDT.

We'll discuss the following items on the agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI/edit>,
and anything else that comes up:

 1.

    Joseph: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/41560
    <https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/41560>  Add
    PerformService privilege.

 2.

    Joseph: Design for User role configuration
    https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/41652
    <https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/41652>

 3.

    Joseph: Interest in OpenBMC learning series talk “OpenBMC secure
    engineering”?

 4.

    Anton: Privilege separation
    <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EI-HfPb_NMp9GD0fY6-XCpnKAX6-ZsdpDEsmiX5d6fc/edit#heading=h.b167mnkkse22>

Access, agenda and notes are in the wiki:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Security-working-group
<https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Security-working-group>

- Joseph

* Re: Security Working Group - Wednesday March 31 - results
@ 2021-03-31 18:57 ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2021-03-31 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 3/30/21 7:56 PM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> This is a reminder of the OpenBMC Security Working Group meeting
> scheduled for this Wednesday March 31 at 10:00am PDT.
>
> We'll discuss the following items on the agenda
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI/edit>,
> and anything else that comes up:
>
> 1.
>
>   Joseph: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/41560
> <https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/41560> Add
>   PerformService privilege.

Dropping the OemOpenBMCPerformService privilege and custom
OemOpenBMCServiceAgent role in favor of a more general design.

> 2.
>
>   Joseph: Design for User role configuration
>   https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/41652
> <https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/41652>
DISCUSSION:

The design above will intersect with its counterpart
operation-to-privilege design - in that they both specify privileges.
We should sketch out that design before proceeding with this one. Next
piece is operation-to-privilege customization design because it affects
this design.

> 3.
>
>   Joseph: Interest in OpenBMC learning series talk “OpenBMC secure
>   engineering”?

Nope.  Joseph plans to give the talk.

> 4.
>
>   Anton: Privilege separation
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EI-HfPb_NMp9GD0fY6-XCpnKAX6-ZsdpDEsmiX5d6fc/edit#heading=h.b167mnkkse22>

Anton reviewed his doc.  We discussed having the D-bus broker use ACLs.

Key to get reviews: create something each maintainer can test.

Need to cover all D-Bus users with ACL before we can throw the secure
switch (rough number of services to be changed
<https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/37844>for
a based set of targets runnable under qemu).