openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Thu Nguyen OS <thu@os.amperecomputing.com>
To: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Cc: "zhikui.ren@intel.com" <zhikui.ren@intel.com>,
	"jason.m.bills@linux.intel.com" <jason.m.bills@linux.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Lost the threshold redfish log when update phosphor-sel-logger.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 07:51:16 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Zhikui Ren, Patrick Williams and Jason M. Bills,

Do you have any comment in this?

Dear Zhikui Ren,

Do you verify this commit with the sensors which added thru phosphor-hwmon?

Regards.
Thu Nguyen.

From: Thu Nguyen OS <thu@os.amperecomputing.com>
Date: Monday, 5 April 2021 at 22:28
To: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>

Hi All,

After updating the base code of our openBmc source for Mt Jade platform to new version, I saw all of threshold warning/error of hwmon are losted.
Below is the sensor value and the configured thresholds.
[cid:image001.png@01D73074.73E33A50]
Check in the web, the sensor value is bigger than warning threshold, but there are no log SEL entry in Redfish log.

After spending some time on debugging, I found that the below commit is the cause:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-sel-logger/commit/25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa

Remove this commit in phosphor-sel-logger, I can see the warning log in Redfish.
Do I need any configuration in phosphor-sel-logger to make this commit work?

Thanks.
Thu Nguyen.