openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Kumar Thangavel <kumarthangavel.hcl@gmail.com>
To: openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org
Cc: Zhikui Ren <zhikui.ren@intel.com>,
	Jae Hyun Yoo <jae.hyun.yoo@linux.intel.com>,
	Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>, Ed Tanous <ed@tanous.net>,
	Jayashree D <jayashree-d@hcl.com>,
	Amithash Prasad <amithash@fb.com>,
	velumanit@hcl.com
Subject: Creating Hard Shutdown interfaces/alarm for NIC Sensor
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 16:51:00 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi All,

         We have an use case of NIC sensor value goes above 120 (upper non
recoverable), need to shutdown the slots.

         Critical and Warning interfaces and alarm created based on the
sensor threshold Severity value. Please refer the below code.

https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/master/src/Thresholds.cpp#L116

         For NIC sensor, planning to create soft and hard shutdown
interfaces and alarm based on severity value in hwmonTempSensor.

         Already we have Severity 0  for Warning and Severity 1 for
Critical.

         We can have Severity 2 for Softshutdown and Severity 3 for
Hardshutdown.

         So, Based on the Severity value, the soft and hard shutdown alarm
will set as true.

         Then the sensor-monitor application would take the action based on
the soft/hard shutdown alarm.

         Could you please provide your suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Kumar.