openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Turning off the D-Bus REST API by default
@ 2021-08-12 14:10 Ali Ahmed
From: Ali Ahmed @ 2021-08-12 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

I know there was some previous discussion on this.
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/29344 is making
the default setting for D-BUS REST API disabled. The D-Bus REST allows
authenticated users access to privileged information that may be above
their permission level.

After this commit to use phosphor-webui or D-Bus REST, you will need
to set -Drest=enabled in your bbappend. Note: webui-vue uses Redfish
and will not be impacted. Let me know if you have any concerns.

-Ali Ahmed