openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Ed Tanous <ed@tanous.net>
To: Gunnar Mills <gmills@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc: devenrao@in.ibm.com,
	"Mohammed.Habeeb ISV" <mohammed.habeeb@inventec.com>,
	"openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>,
	ojayanth@in.ibm.com
Subject: Re: No option to delete SSL certificates
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 09:52:53 -0800	[thread overview]

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 9:43 AM Gunnar Mills <gmills@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> On 3/4/2021 8:52 PM, Mohammed.Habeeb ISV wrote:
> > In webui-vue , SSL certificates has only replace option. Delete button
> > is greyed out.
> >
> > Is there any reason for not providing delete option?

I can't explain why the TrustStore certificate isn't deletable, that
seems like a bug in webui-vue.

The HTTPS certificate isn't deletable because that would effectively
disable the HTTPS interface entirely, which seems like a problem,
given that you're currently using the HTTPS interface to communicate
with the BMC.  Because of that, we only support replacing the
certificate.  In a perfect world, we could regenerate a new
self-signed certificate if the old one was deleted, but nobody has
written that code so far as I'm aware, I suspect because it's just as
easy to replace the certificate with your own self-signed cert.