openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Re: IPMI and Redfish support in openbmc Linux
@ 2018-07-10  4:36 Henbin Chang
       [not found] ` <ab6d15cb-f965-3211-fbaa-6a734bf6eb70@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
From: Henbin Chang @ 2018-07-10  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist, ed.tanous

H Ed,
I built bmcweb into my machine, and check the 'bmcweb' daemon was started
up.

ps aux | grep bmcweb
  919 root       0:00 /usr/bin/bmcweb
 8662 root       0:00 grep bmcweb

But I couldn't access Redfish API through the below command.
curl -b cjar -k https://10.99.241.79/redvish/v1/

Could you help provide the suggestion?

Thanks.
-Henbin.

There are several servers that support Redfish, and we have a working group

@ 2018-07-10  8:34 ` Ratan Gupta
       [not found] ` <ab6d15cb-f965-3211-fbaa-6a734bf6eb70@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
From: Ratan Gupta @ 2018-07-10  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi Henbin,

Can you try "curl -b cjar -k https://<ip>:*18080*/redfish/v1"?

Ratan Gupta

@ 2018-07-10  9:21   ` Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian
From: Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian @ 2018-07-10  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ratan Gupta; +Cc: openbmc

"openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+hramasub=in.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org> wrote on
07/10/2018 02:04:49 PM:

> But I couldn't access Redfish API through the below command.
> curl -b cjar -k https://10.99.241.79/redvish/v1/

1) Looks like you have a typo in the URI : It must be redfish and not
redvish ?
2) Also try removing the trailing forward slash : redfish/v1 instead of
redfish/v1/
3) Is the service running in the standard 443 port ? If not append the
port number to the IP in the URI.

-Hari !

* RE: IPMI and Redfish support in openbmc Linux
@ 2018-07-10 14:57     ` Tanous, Ed
From: Tanous, Ed @ 2018-07-10 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian, Ratan Gupta; +Cc: openbmc

Bmcweb will launch under one of two ports.  If launched manually, it will launch under port 18080.  If launched via systemd, it will use socket activation to launch under port 883 (to avoid conflicting with the existing phosphor-rest server).

Another thing to recognize is that there is a debug html interface built into the redfish interface, so the easiest way to test is to use a web browser, and you will get the graphical interface with clickable links.  Try pointing a web browser at https://10.99.241.79:18080/redfish/v1 and see if that works.

PS, the trailing backslash is unimportant.  Bmcweb is designed to strip the trailing backslash for you in either case, so redfish/v1 is the same as redfish/v1/

-Ed

@ 2018-07-12  0:05   ` Henbin Chang
From: Henbin Chang @ 2018-07-12  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Thank your support.

It did work after I used the default port 18080.
curl -k https://10.99.241.79:18080/redfish/v1

I had to indicate the account/password if I would like to access other node.
curl -k https://root:0penBmc@10.99.241.79:18080/redfish/v1/Managers/

@ 2018-07-12  5:54     ` Henbin Chang
From: Henbin Chang @ 2018-07-12  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist, ed.tanous

Hi Ed,

I upgraded my openbmc REPO with the Github and used the latest bmcweb
(commit id: 7885954af734ae61a2e1358740f84ad39248f18d.)

But I got the below error for compiling.
6: error: 'async_result_init' is not a member of 'boost::asio::detail'
     boost::asio::detail::async_result_init<
                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/common/code_ref/s2600wf_openbmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/boost-dbus/1.0+gitAUTOINC+2ec8037525-r0/git/include/dbus/connection_service.hpp:84:26:
note: suggested alternative: 'async_result_helper'
     boost::asio::detail::async_result_init<
                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          async_result_helper
/common/code_ref/s2600wf_openbmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/boost-dbus/1.0+gitAUTOINC+2ec8037525-r0/git/include/dbus/connection_service.hpp:85:23:
error: expected primary-expression before ',' token
         MessageHandler, void(boost::system::error_code, message)>
                       ^
/common/code_ref/s2600wf_openbmc/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/boost-dbus/1.0+gitAUTOINC+2ec8037525-r0/git/include/dbus/connection_service.hpp:85:25:
error: expected primary-expression before 'void'
         MessageHandler, void(boost::system::error_code, message)>

Suppose this is because the boost-dbus is too old.

Do you any suggestion?

Thanks.

@ 2018-07-12 17:57       ` Tanous, Ed
From: Tanous, Ed @ 2018-07-12 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henbin Chang, OpenBMC Maillist

There have been quite a few changes to bmcweb in the last month, and some of the dependencies didn’t get synchronized like we expected them to.

The good news is that we’ve merged quite a few patches, including a number of new Redfish schemas, as well as the patch that moves bmcweb over to sdbusplus and beast.  Moving forward, we are going to deprecate boost-dbus, as sdbusplus now has a superset of functionality at this point in time.  The error you’re seeing is caused by boost-dbus not being updated to the interfaces used in boost 1.66, which was merged with the last yocto patch.

The bad news is that some of the sdbusplus patches for adding unit tests and fixing bugs has caused product regressions, and are holding up the merge of the recipe bump.  Because of the order in which the recipes got merged into upstream, bmcweb builds require the below recipe bump for the moment.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/11456/

Checking out that patchset should let you build bmcweb against tip, and we’ll work on getting the regression squashed and fixes merged into mainline, hopefully shortly.

Can you try "curl -b cjar -k https://<ip>:18080/redfish/v1<https://%3cip%3e:18080/redfish/v1>"?

@ 2018-07-13  5:35         ` Henbin Chang
From: Henbin Chang @ 2018-07-13  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanous, Ed; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

 Understood.

Thanks Ed's response.

@ 2018-06-04 13:49   ` Tanous, Ed
From: Tanous, Ed @ 2018-06-04 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Chou, openbmc

There is no KCS bridge merged with master yet, although I submitted one for code review last week.   Your best bet at making it available on master would be to provide review feedback to the Gerrit reviews below, which should help get it merged quickly.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/10946/
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/10951/

Alternately, you can simply pull in those commits and add the phosphor-ipmi-kcs component to your build while it's in code review.  I already have a few reports of people having used it successfully.

-Ed

From: Brad Chou @ 2018-06-04  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

@ 2018-06-01 14:28 ` Tanous, Ed