openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Zhenfei Tai <ztai@google.com>
To: OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Cc: Ed Tanous <ed@tanous.net>
Subject: [redfish/v1/Systems/system/Processors] How does it work on wolf pass?
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 17:57:09 -0700	[thread overview]

I've been testing bmcweb and noticed the response from the URI
`redfish/v1/Systems/system/Processors` contains an empty collection.

{
  "@odata.context":
"/redfish/v1/$metadata#ProcessorCollection.ProcessorCollection",
  "@odata.id": "/redfish/v1/Systems/system/Processors/",
  "@odata.type": "#ProcessorCollection.ProcessorCollection",
  "Members": [],
  "Members@odata.count": 0,
  "Name": "Processor Collection"
}

Looking at bmcweb code, it seems to look for dbus interfaces
`xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Cpu` and
`xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Accelerator`. However they can't be
seen in dbus.

# busctl tree --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Cpu
Failed to introspect object / of service
xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Cpu: The name is not activatable

Entity-manager and cpu-sensor are running in addition to bmcweb. The
entity-manager config is below and I can see the config is picked up in
`xyz.openbmc_project.EntityManager`.

{
  "Exposes": [
    {
        "Address": "0x30",
        "Bus": 0,
        "CpuID": 1,
        "Name": "CPU 1",
        "Type": "XeonCPU"
    },
    {
        "Address": "0x31",
        "Bus": 0,
        "CpuID": 2,
        "Name": "CPU 2",
        "Type": "XeonCPU"
    }
  ],
  "Name": "internal_code_name",
  "Probe": "xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice({'BOARD_PRODUCT_NAME':
'internal_product_name'})",
  "Type": "Board"
}

I'm not sure what else is required to have the URI work properly. Could
someone familiar with this issue help?

Thanks,
Zhenfei