openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* apparmor support
@ 2021-07-27  6:11 Ratan Gupta
From: Ratan Gupta @ 2021-07-27  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joel, openbmc

Hi All,

I was trying to pull apparmor in openbmc, all the user space application
got pulled however I was unable to build the kernel with apparmor support.

I made the following kernel configuration to include the apparmor(
https://github.com/openbmc/linux/blob/dev-5.10/Documentation/admin-guide/LSM/apparmor.rst
)

CONFIG_SECURITYFS=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH=y

*CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=yCONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor"CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1*
CONFIG_AUDIT=y

In the build tree, kernel is not picking the above config parameters and I
was getting the following logs in the config_build_log which suggest that
kernel doesn't like these config.

tmp/work-shared/hgx/kernel-source/.kernel-meta/cfg/merge_config_build.log

Value requested for CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH not in final .config
Requested value:  CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH=y
Actual value:

Value requested for CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR not in final .config
Requested value:  CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y
Actual value:

Value requested for CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY not in final .config
Requested value:  CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor"
CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor"
Actual value:

Value requested for CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE not in final
.config
Requested value:  CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1
CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1
Actual value:

Can somebody suggest me what I am missing here?

Ratan Gupta

* apparmor support
@ 2021-07-27  6:12 Ratan Gupta
From: Ratan Gupta @ 2021-07-27  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)