openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Aspeed BMCs using KCS?
@ 2021-08-03 20:15 Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2021-08-03 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, OpenBMC Maillist, Titus Rwantare

Patrick et al;

As you may know, my team is working on enabling lots of stuff with Qemu and
we dont' have any platforms using KCS with aspeed.  However, we wanted to
enable this testing because we have other KCS configurations.  I wanted to
ask if you have an openbmc image that uses aspeed kcs?

Thanks,
Patrick

* Re: Aspeed BMCs using KCS?
@ 2021-08-03 21:37 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2021-08-03 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Venture; +Cc: Titus Rwantare, OpenBMC Maillist

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 01:15:20PM -0700, Patrick Venture wrote:
> Patrick et al;
>
> As you may know, my team is working on enabling lots of stuff with Qemu and
> we dont' have any platforms using KCS with aspeed.  However, we wanted to
> enable this testing because we have other KCS configurations.  I wanted to
> ask if you have an openbmc image that uses aspeed kcs?

I thought most x86 machines use KCS, but certainly Tiogapass does.

meta-facebook/conf/machine/include/facebook-withhost.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/obmc-host-ipmi-hw ?= "phosphor-ipmi-kcs"

A default build of Tiogapass should get you something that attempts to use the
KCS interface.

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]