openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: "Zhang, ShuoX" <shuox.zhang@intel.com>
To: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: BMC clock unable to sync time offset from RTC
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:52:18 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,
     I have a question and need your help. The time of bmc has always been UTC time. I set the time zone through the operating system and then reboot  bmc. Although the time is no longer 1970, the time is still UTC time.

     The following steps:
     1. From SUT Linux OS
     # timedatectl set-timezone Asia/Shanghai
     # hwclock -w
     # hwclock -r
     2021-08-12 23:47:04.936372+08:00

     2. Reboot BMC, the BMC will sync the clock with RTC
     3. HTTP GET /redfish/v1/Managers/bmc, check DateTime field, "DateTime" = "2021-08-12 15:47:04.936372+00:00"

     I think it should be when the os time is synced to the bmc, the time zone is not passed, if I want to get the time zone time, do I need to add one under the xyz.openbmc_project.Time.EpochTime interface of the xyz.openbmc_project.Time.Manager service Properties, or are there other ways?

root@intel-obmc:~# busctl introspect  xyz.openbmc_project.Time.Manager /xyz/openbmc_project/time/bmc
NAME                                TYPE      SIGNATURE  RESULT/VALUE     FLAGS
org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable interface -          -                -
.Introspect                         method    -          s                -
org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager  interface -          -                -
.GetManagedObjects                  method    -          a{oa{sa{sv}}}    -
.InterfacesAdded                    signal    oa{sa{sv}} -                -
.InterfacesRemoved                  signal    oas        -                -
org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer           interface -          -                -
.GetMachineId                       method    -          s                -
.Ping                               method    -          -                -
org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties     interface -          -                -
.Get                                method    ss         v                -
.GetAll                             method    s          a{sv}            -
.Set                                method    ssv        -                -
.PropertiesChanged                  signal    sa{sv}as   -                -
xyz.openbmc_project.Time.EpochTime  interface -          -                -
.Elapsed                            property  t          1617931946881395 emits-change writable