openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: "Duke Du (杜祥嘉)" <Duke.Du@quantatw.com>
To: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Cc: "vernon.mauery@linux.intel.com" <vernon.mauery@linux.intel.com>,
	"jason.m.bills@linux.intel.com" <jason.m.bills@linux.intel.com>,
	"Fran Hsu (徐誌謙)" <Fran.Hsu@quantatw.com>,
	"George Hung (洪忠敬)" <George.Hung@quantatw.com>
Subject: Question of phosphor-sel-logger
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:28:31 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi all,

     I used package phosphor-hwmon and phospor-sel-logger to monitor sensor and create log when sensor reading
   cross the threshold. I found after the commit 25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa of phosphor-sel-logger
   would catch the signal "ThresholdAsserted" to create sensor threhold log in the journal, but the phosphor-hwmon
   would not send the signal "ThresholdAsserted" when sensor reading is abnormal so that phosphor-sel-logger
   would not create the sensor threhold log, am I right ?

   If I'm right, can you give me some suggestion to fix this side effect, or what setting I have lost in the
   phosphor-hwmon or phosphor-sel-logger ?

   phosphor-sel-logger commit 25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa link :
   https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-sel-logger/commit/25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa

   Thanks very much !
   Duke