On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 04:09:58PM -0500, Joseph Reynolds wrote: > So ... does the GitHub OpenBMC organization host vendor specific repos > (perhaps github.com/openbmc/ibm-misc), or does the source code go > somewhere else (such as IBM's public fork in > github.com/ibm-openbmc/pam-ibm-acf)? I'm strongly opposed to dumping-ground repositories like "-misc". We approved exactly one of those and the rationale we were given was they had a bunch of existing code they were going to work at getting upstreamed, but wanted a place to be able to interact with their vendors in the interrim. We should not be having *new* code going into that or any other "misc" repository. We have generally not wanted OpenBMC-oriented code in non-openbmc-org repositories that are then picked up by openbmc/openbmc recipes. If you have a generally applicable library that isn't tied to openbmc in any way, or especially one that already has good usage outside of openbmc, then another github org seems reasonable. That isn't what you have here. It sounds like you have a good definition here of what you want to do, so I'm fine with `openbmc/pam-ibm-acf`. I don't see any reason we cannot host `openbmc/-` repositories for things which are company specific, as long as those repositories are only picked up by your meta- layer. [[ I think is / will be additional work going on in the background to come to better consensus and document any rules around repository creation. This is my current opinion. ]] -- Patrick Williams