openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz>
To: Joseph Reynolds <jrey@linux.ibm.com>
Cc: openbmc <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: Security Working Group meeting - Wednesday July 21 - results
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 16:00:35 -0500	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 02:49:11PM -0500, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> On 7/20/21 5:45 PM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:

> 5 What is happening with getting a private database to track
> vulnerability submissions?  This would be used by the OpenBMC security
> response team
> https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/security/obmc-security-response-team.md
> <https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/security/obmc-security-response-team.md>to
> record security vulnerabilities which were reported to OpenBMC and not
> yet fixed or publicly disclosed.  Only members of the OpenBMC security
> response team would have access (read/write access).
>
> DISCUSSION:
>
> Surya plans to set up bugzilla.
>
> Contact Andrew Geissler in his role as OpenBMC community infrastructure
> if you need a server.

I've mentioned this before that we do not need to set up a bugzilla and that it
is a waste of time to manage a bugzilla instance.  We can create unlimited
private repositories in our github org.  We just need Brad to create one for
security discussions and add the people that are currently part of the security
ML to an ACL for access.

--
Patrick Williams