On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 03:39:45PM -0500, Joseph Reynolds wrote: > On 8/4/21 3:09 PM, Patrick Williams wrote: > > On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 01:47:31PM -0500, Joseph Reynolds wrote: > > > >> 4 Surya set up a bugzilla within Intel and will administer it.  Demo’d > >> the database. We briefly examined the database fields and agreed it > >> looks like a good start. > >> > > Once again I'll ask ***WHY***??!? > > > > https://lore.kernel.org/openbmc/YNzsE1ipYQR7yfDq@heinlein/ > > https://lore.kernel.org/openbmc/YPiK8xqFPJFZDa1+@heinlein/ > > > > Can we please create a private Github repository and be done with this topic? > > I don't have any insight into how to resolve this question. > > From today's meeting: using bugzilla has advantages over github issues: > - lets us define the fields we need: fix commitID, CVSS score, etc. These are pretty minor when you could just add a comment template with this information. > - has desirable access controls, specifically acess by the security > respone tram plus we can add access for the problem submitter and the > problem fixer So does Github. ---- I really don't think that some subset of the community should go off on their own bug tracking system. This is a waste of time to maintain and just further segments this "Security Team" off in their own bubble. -- Patrick Williams