On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 09:54:47AM -0400, Oskar Senft wrote: > +1 to using something more explicit, like %20 instead of "_" for > replacing " " for D-bus names. Ed had previously added code to sdbusplus to consistently do conversions like this, in the same way that systemd tends to do conversions. I think we just need to convert the affected repositories here to use these sdbusplus object_path types rather than creating their own strings. https://github.com/openbmc/sdbusplus/blob/master/src/message/native_types.cpp#L53 If paths are encoded this way, we are able to clearly differentiate between a desired space and an underscore because the spaces become encoded as something like `_20`, similar to the proposal here. -- Patrick Williams