On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 10:13:06AM -0500, Matt Spinler wrote: > values, and then explicitly emits the IA signal.   Others can chime in, > but I didn't see it as proper D-Bus behavior to emit propertiesChanged > before InterfacesAdded, since in fact no property is changing after the > interface was added. Correct. PropertiesChanged signals should not show up before InterfacesAdded. > It seems like every application does their own thing here, so maybe we > can come up with some official best practices for how to emit signals > for new interfaces (unless it's there and I missed it). I'll admit the sdbusplus API is not great for this and a lot of applications do it wrong. There was this issue on the backlog to come up with something "better": https://github.com/openbmc/sdbusplus/issues/53 -- Patrick Williams