openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz>
To: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Cc: "Patton, Schuyler" <spatton@ti.com>,
	"openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: new port seeing ipmid exiting with seg fault
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:48:35 -0500	[thread overview]

Hello Schuyler,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 09:36:30AM +0930, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2022, at 15:14, Patton, Schuyler wrote:
> > Apologies as I am new to OpenBMC but I was looking for guidance on
> > which ipmid commit I should use beyond the bfd3a17 commit that seg
> > faults.
> >

> You'll need to reproduce the issue against the upstream code before we
> can help much further here.

To reiterate, this is really the answer for all repositories.  We don't
have people that support release branches of code.  Most people work off
HEAD in this project.

If you find a bug either the latest commit of a repository or the version
pointed to by the recipe in the latest commit of openbmc/openbmc, someone
is much more likely to look into it.  If you are trying to report bugs on
something older it is quite likely going to get very little response.

--
Patrick Williams