openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* RDE Enablement
@ 2021-06-10 20:26 Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware)
From: Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware) @ 2021-06-10 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist; +Cc: Ed Tanous

Greetings,

I'm am interested to know if there has been any organized discussion or development on Redfish Device Enablement (RDE - DMTF DSP0218) for moving encoded Redfish data across PLDM/MCTP interfaces.  We are interested in promoting this standard and are willing to lead a reference implementation for OpenBMC if there is not yet something in progress.  If there is something in progress, can you point me at the work because I would love to see it.

What is the normal sequence for proposing, debating and finalizing major new features?  Would I submit something in Gerrit for review (e.g. a markdown file for the docs/designs repo?)   We could probably get something started fairly soon.

Thanks.

Mike