openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* IPMI user account with LDAP/Active Directory
@ 2018-07-09 19:14 Tom Joseph
From: Tom Joseph @ 2018-07-09 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Hello,

I came across the user guide of MegaRAC, SuperMicro etc mentioning about
the LDAP/Active directory settings.
(Example:
https://argonsys.com/learn-microsoft-cloud/articles/supermicro-ipmi-active-directory-integration/)

As IPMI requires clear text password my understanding is that LDAP/AD is
not suitable for IPMI user account management.
Is the purpose of LDAP/AD to support authentication from UI along with
IPMI user accounts on the BMC?
Also LDAP/AD cannot be used for IPMI session setup as passwords are
stored as one-way hash and cannot be retrieved.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Tom

* Re: IPMI user account with LDAP/Active Directory
@ 2018-07-12  6:18 ` Ratan Gupta
From: Ratan Gupta @ 2018-07-12  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc