openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: "Cédric Le Goater" <clg@kaod.org>
To: Patrick Venture <venture@google.com>,
	Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz>,
	OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>,
	John Wang <wangzhiqiang.bj@bytedance.com>,
	Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au>, Andrew Jeffery <andrew@aj.id.au>
Subject: Re: qemu for bmc
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:41:25 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

On 11/18/20 10:11 PM, Patrick Venture wrote:
> Patrick;
>
> I was looking at a patch series of yours that landed,
> https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/hw/arm/aspeed.c#L517 <-- in
> this line you're referencing a device that appears to be missing from
> qemu - namely, the pca i2c mux.
>
> My question is to the community at large, and you also, is anyone
> currently implementing this i2c-mux or a similar one?

I haven't seen any patches for this device on the QEMU mailing
list.

John Wang from Bytedance has started developing some new I2C
device models for their G220A board. We hope to get that merged
in 6.0.

If you are interested, we maintain a brief TODO list here

  https://github.com/openbmc/qemu/wiki

Feel free to update.

In terms of priority, I think that the support to boot from eMMC
on the AST2600 is an important one. Reviewing the FSI patches
also but that's an IBM thing, so it might not interest the
community that much.

There are quite a few I2C models missing.

All Aspeed models could be more precise.

Google and Nuvoton have merged their models for the npcm750-evb
and quanta-gsj boards. It would be good to have some interaction
with them, on bus/device modeling but also on full system emulation.

Cheers,

C.