Hi Richard, > On Wed, 2021-10-13 at 10:35 +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote: > > Dear Community, > > > > > This patch introduces new recipe - namely 'glibc-tests', which > > > builds and installs glibc test suite to OE/Yocto built image. > > > > > > It reuses code from already available 'glibc-testsuite' recipe, > > > which is run with 'bitbake glibc-testsuite -c check' and uses qemu > > > to execute remotely (via SSH) tests on some emulated machine. > > > > > > This recipe installs eligible tests on some rootfs image. > > > Afterwards, either all of them or only time related subset, those > > > tests can be executed on the real hardware, to facilitate > > > validation of this platform with for example Y2038 problem > > > compliance. > > > > > > By default all tests are executed, with 'ptest-runner > > > glibc-tests'. To test only time related subset - one needs to > > > call: cd /usr/lib/glibc-tests/ptest/; rm run-ptest; \ > > > ln -s run-ptest-time run-ptest; cd -; ptest-runner glibc-tests > > > > > > To facilitate debugging, source files are provided by default with > > > the unstripped debugging symbols. Such approach would reduce the > > > already complex recipe (as it inherits base glibc one), so there > > > is no need to also install *-dbg and *-src packages. > > > > > > > Gentle ping on this patch set. > > We're in the middle of trying to make a release. This change needs to > wait until after that. We're starting to work through that backlog > but easier things will go first. > Thanks for the update. > FWIW I'm still very reticent to add in two code paths doing similar > things so am not entirely sure we will be able to take this :( > As fair as I understand those recipes (glibc related) - there are the same binaries built once for the target machine. Then those binaries are either run with QEMU or bundled into separate package and then installed and run on a _real_ HW. To even keep things more clear - I can just provide v2 of this patch, which will only test time related API (as I do know that those can be executed as standalone binaries) and state that it is meant for Y2038 compliance testing. > Cheers, > > Richard > Best regards, Lukasz Majewski -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: lukma@denx.de