openembedded-devel.lists.openembedded.org archive mirror
* DISTRO_FEATURE gobject-introspection-data or gobject-introspection?
@ 2023-05-31 16:00 Petr Gotthard
From: Petr Gotthard @ 2023-05-31 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

Hello. Is there a DISTRO_FEATURE "gobject-introspection" or just "gobject-introspection-data", please? Or both?

Recently there was a set of patches called "requires gobject-introspection-data DISTRO_FEATURE", but for some recipes it added "gobject-introspection" instead, which is not defined anywhere and hence the build fails. Was it an intention, or a typo?
The recipes in question are: firewalld, blueman and system-config-printer (which contains both gobject-introspection-data and gobject-introspection)

Regards,
Petr

* Re: [oe] DISTRO_FEATURE gobject-introspection-data or gobject-introspection?
@ 2023-05-31 18:04 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2023-05-31 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Gotthard; +Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On Wed, 31 May 2023 at 18:00, Petr Gotthard <petr.gotthard@advantech.cz> wrote:

> Hello. Is there a DISTRO_FEATURE "gobject-introspection" or just "gobject-introspection-data", please? Or both?
>
> Recently there was a set of patches called "requires gobject-introspection-data DISTRO_FEATURE", but for some recipes it added "gobject-introspection" instead, which is not defined anywhere and hence the build fails. Was it an intention, or a typo?
> The recipes in question are: firewalld, blueman and system-config-printer (which contains both gobject-introspection-data and gobject-introspection)

The correct and the only one is gobject-introspection-data. If you can
send patches to fix this, would be appreciated.

Alex

* RE: [oe] DISTRO_FEATURE gobject-introspection-data or gobject-introspection?
@ 2023-05-31 20:33   ` Petr Gotthard
From: Petr Gotthard @ 2023-05-31 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List

> > Hello. Is there a DISTRO_FEATURE "gobject-introspection" or just "gobject-
> introspection-data", please? Or both?
> >
> > Recently there was a set of patches called "requires gobject-introspection-data
> DISTRO_FEATURE", but for some recipes it added "gobject-introspection" instead,
> which is not defined anywhere and hence the build fails. Was it an intention, or a
> typo?
> > The recipes in question are: firewalld, blueman and
> > system-config-printer (which contains both gobject-introspection-data
> > and gobject-introspection)
>
> The correct and the only one is gobject-introspection-data. If you can send
> patches to fix this, would be appreciated.

Will do, although I am really confused because Khem Raj added REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES "gobject-introspection"
in the commit http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?id=df47d871c7f3bbe3fdd8b0ed7230d3bfb8daf6fd

Petr