[0/3] Add Bitstream configuration support for ZynqMP
mbox series

Message ID 20181020084805.29103-1-nava.manne@xilinx.com
Headers show
Series
  • Add Bitstream configuration support for ZynqMP
Related show

Message

Nava kishore Manne Oct. 20, 2018, 8:48 a.m. UTC
This series of patches are created On top of the
below repo.
//git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc.git
BRANCH: next/drivers.  

Nava kishore Manne (3):
  firmware: xilinx: Add fpga API's
  dt-bindings: fpga: Add bindings for ZynqMP fpga driver
  fpga manager: Adding FPGA Manager support for Xilinx zynqmp

 .../bindings/fpga/xlnx,zynqmp-pcap-fpga.txt   |  17 ++
 drivers/firmware/xilinx/zynqmp.c              |  46 +++++
 drivers/fpga/Kconfig                          |   9 +
 drivers/fpga/Makefile                         |   1 +
 drivers/fpga/zynqmp-fpga.c                    | 159 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/firmware/xlnx-zynqmp.h          |   4 +
 6 files changed, 236 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/fpga/xlnx,zynqmp-pcap-fpga.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/zynqmp-fpga.c

Comments

Alan Tull Oct. 22, 2018, 3:58 p.m. UTC | #1
On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 3:49 AM Nava kishore Manne
<nava.manne@xilinx.com> wrote:

Hi Nava,

>
> This series of patches are created On top of the
> below repo.
> //git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc.git
> BRANCH: next/drivers.

IIUC this is dependent on some patches that aren't released yet.
Please make this explicit by specifying which patches this is
dependent on in each future submission of new versions.  It will help
so that I don't send these upstream prematurely and introduce build
breaks.  Of course, we can keep reviewing!

Thanks for submitting!
Alan

>
> Nava kishore Manne (3):
>   firmware: xilinx: Add fpga API's
>   dt-bindings: fpga: Add bindings for ZynqMP fpga driver
>   fpga manager: Adding FPGA Manager support for Xilinx zynqmp
>
>  .../bindings/fpga/xlnx,zynqmp-pcap-fpga.txt   |  17 ++
>  drivers/firmware/xilinx/zynqmp.c              |  46 +++++
>  drivers/fpga/Kconfig                          |   9 +
>  drivers/fpga/Makefile                         |   1 +
>  drivers/fpga/zynqmp-fpga.c                    | 159 ++++++++++++++++++
>  include/linux/firmware/xlnx-zynqmp.h          |   4 +
>  6 files changed, 236 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/fpga/xlnx,zynqmp-pcap-fpga.txt
>  create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/zynqmp-fpga.c
>
> --
> 2.18.0
>
Nava kishore Manne Oct. 24, 2018, 6:32 a.m. UTC | #2
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply...
Please find my response inline.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alan Tull [mailto:atull@kernel.org]
> Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 9:29 PM
> To: Nava kishore Manne <navam@xilinx.com>
> Cc: Moritz Fischer <mdf@kernel.org>; Rob Herring <robh+dt@kernel.org>;
> Mark Rutland <mark.rutland@arm.com>; Michal Simek <michals@xilinx.com>;
> Rajan Vaja <RAJANV@xilinx.com>; Jolly Shah <JOLLYS@xilinx.com>; linux-
> fpga@vger.kernel.org; open list:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE
> TREE BINDINGS <devicetree@vger.kernel.org>; moderated
> list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE <linux-arm-
> kernel@lists.infradead.org>; linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>;
> kishore m <chinnikishore369@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Add Bitstream configuration support for ZynqMP
> 
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 3:49 AM Nava kishore Manne
> <nava.manne@xilinx.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi Nava,
> 
> >
> > This series of patches are created On top of the below repo.
> > //git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc.git
> > BRANCH: next/drivers.
> 
> IIUC this is dependent on some patches that aren't released yet.
> Please make this explicit by specifying which patches this is dependent on in
> each future submission of new versions.  It will help so that I don't send these
> upstream prematurely and introduce build breaks.  Of course, we can keep
> reviewing!
> 

This driver depends on the below series of patches
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/9/12/983 
Which is got integrated into the below upstream repo.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc.git/tree/drivers/firmware/xilinx?h=for-next 
I hope arm maintainers will send the pull-request in soon to integrate these patches with main repo.
Will add the required info for the dependent patches in s-o-b section 

Regards,
Navakishore.