[0/5] tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: New command and
mbox series

Message ID 20190914070513.19807-1-srinivas.pandruvada@linux.intel.com
Headers show
Series
  • tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: New command and
Related show

Message

Srinivas Pandruvada Sept. 14, 2019, 7:05 a.m. UTC
This series contains some minor fixes, when firmware mask is including
invalid CPU in the perf-profile mask. Also add some commands to
better manage core-power feature.

Srinivas Pandruvada (4):
  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Allow online/offline based on tdp
  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Format get-assoc information
  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fix some debug prints
  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Extend core-power command set

Youquan Song (1):
  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fix high priority core mask over
    count

 .../x86/intel-speed-select/isst-config.c      | 108 ++++++++++++++++--
 .../power/x86/intel-speed-select/isst-core.c  |  25 ++++
 .../x86/intel-speed-select/isst-display.c     |  51 +++++++++
 tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select/isst.h     |   9 +-
 4 files changed, 182 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

Comments

Andy Shevchenko Sept. 14, 2019, 5:19 p.m. UTC | #1
On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 12:05:08AM -0700, Srinivas Pandruvada wrote:
> This series contains some minor fixes, when firmware mask is including
> invalid CPU in the perf-profile mask. Also add some commands to
> better manage core-power feature.

Hmm... 150+ LOCs doesn't count to me as minor fixes.
So, are you considering this a material for v5.4?


> Srinivas Pandruvada (4):
>   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Allow online/offline based on tdp
>   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Format get-assoc information
>   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fix some debug prints
>   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Extend core-power command set
> 
> Youquan Song (1):
>   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fix high priority core mask over
>     count
> 
>  .../x86/intel-speed-select/isst-config.c      | 108 ++++++++++++++++--
>  .../power/x86/intel-speed-select/isst-core.c  |  25 ++++
>  .../x86/intel-speed-select/isst-display.c     |  51 +++++++++
>  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select/isst.h     |   9 +-
>  4 files changed, 182 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
> 
> -- 
> 2.17.2
>
Srinivas Pandruvada Sept. 14, 2019, 7:22 p.m. UTC | #2
On Sat, 2019-09-14 at 20:19 +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 12:05:08AM -0700, Srinivas Pandruvada wrote:
> > This series contains some minor fixes, when firmware mask is
> > including
> > invalid CPU in the perf-profile mask. Also add some commands to
> > better manage core-power feature.
> 
> Hmm... 150+ LOCs doesn't count to me as minor fixes.
> So, are you considering this a material for v5.4?
Sorry, I should be clear. It is for 5.4. I am trying to catch merge
window. None of the fixes are critical. The majority of the code is
added for new command features.

What is your cut off for 5.4? I want to send some more features if
possible for 5.4.

Thanks,
Srinivas

> 
> 
> > Srinivas Pandruvada (4):
> >   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Allow online/offline based on
> > tdp
> >   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Format get-assoc information
> >   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fix some debug prints
> >   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Extend core-power command set
> > 
> > Youquan Song (1):
> >   tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fix high priority core mask
> > over
> >     count
> > 
> >  .../x86/intel-speed-select/isst-config.c      | 108
> > ++++++++++++++++--
> >  .../power/x86/intel-speed-select/isst-core.c  |  25 ++++
> >  .../x86/intel-speed-select/isst-display.c     |  51 +++++++++
> >  tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select/isst.h     |   9 +-
> >  4 files changed, 182 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
> > 
> > -- 
> > 2.17.2
> > 
> 
>
Andy Shevchenko Sept. 14, 2019, 7:48 p.m. UTC | #3
On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM Srinivas Pandruvada
<srinivas.pandruvada@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2019-09-14 at 20:19 +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 12:05:08AM -0700, Srinivas Pandruvada wrote:
> > > This series contains some minor fixes, when firmware mask is
> > > including
> > > invalid CPU in the perf-profile mask. Also add some commands to
> > > better manage core-power feature.
> >
> > Hmm... 150+ LOCs doesn't count to me as minor fixes.
> > So, are you considering this a material for v5.4?
> Sorry, I should be clear. It is for 5.4. I am trying to catch merge
> window. None of the fixes are critical. The majority of the code is
> added for new command features.
>
> What is your cut off for 5.4? I want to send some more features if
> possible for 5.4.

First PR already had been sent to Linus.