[v3,0/7] Raspberry Pi 4 PCIe support
mbox series

Message ID 20191126091946.7970-1-nsaenzjulienne@suse.de
Headers show
Series
  • Raspberry Pi 4 PCIe support
Related show

Message

Nicolas Saenz Julienne Nov. 26, 2019, 9:19 a.m. UTC
This series aims at providing support for Raspberry Pi 4's PCIe
controller, which is also shared with the Broadcom STB family of
devices.

There was a previous attempt to upstream this some years ago[1] but was
blocked as most STB PCIe integrations have a sparse DMA mapping[2] which
is something currently not supported by the kernel.  Luckily this is not
the case for the Raspberry Pi 4.

Note that the driver code is to be based on top of Rob Herring's series
simplifying inbound and outbound range parsing.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/10605933/
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10605957/

---

Changes since v2:
  - Redo register access in driver avoiding indirection while keeping
    the naming intact
  - Add patch editing ARM64's config
  - Last MSI cleanups, notably removing MSIX flag
  - Got rid of all _RB writes
  - Got rid of all of_data
  - Overall churn removal
  - Address the rest of Andrew's comments

Changes since v1:
  - add generic rounddown/roundup_pow_two64() patch
  - Add MAINTAINERS patch
  - Fix Kconfig
  - Cleanup probe, use up to date APIs, exit on MSI failure
  - Get rid of linux,pci-domain and other unused constructs
  - Use edge triggered setup for MSI
  - Cleanup MSI implementation
  - Fix multiple cosmetic issues
  - Remove supend/resume code

Jim Quinlan (3):
  dt-bindings: PCI: Add bindings for brcmstb's PCIe device
  PCI: brcmstb: add Broadcom STB PCIe host controller driver
  PCI: brcmstb: add MSI capability

Nicolas Saenz Julienne (4):
  linux/log2.h: Add roundup/rounddown_pow_two64() family of functions
  ARM: dts: bcm2711: Enable PCIe controller
  MAINTAINERS: Add brcmstb PCIe controller
  arm64: defconfig: Enable Broadcom's STB PCIe controller

 .../bindings/pci/brcm,stb-pcie.yaml           |   97 ++
 MAINTAINERS                                   |    4 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2711.dtsi                |   41 +
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                  |    1 +
 drivers/acpi/arm64/iort.c                     |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/en_clock.c |    3 +-
 drivers/of/device.c                           |    2 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/Kconfig                |    9 +
 drivers/pci/controller/Makefile               |    1 +
 .../pci/controller/cadence/pcie-cadence-ep.c  |    7 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/cadence/pcie-cadence.c |    7 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-brcmstb.c         | 1012 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-rockchip-ep.c     |    9 +-
 include/linux/log2.h                          |   52 +
 kernel/dma/direct.c                           |    3 +-
 15 files changed, 1230 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/brcm,stb-pcie.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-brcmstb.c

Comments

Bjorn Helgaas Nov. 26, 2019, 9:50 p.m. UTC | #1
On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 10:19:38AM +0100, Nicolas Saenz Julienne wrote:
> This series aims at providing support for Raspberry Pi 4's PCIe
> controller, which is also shared with the Broadcom STB family of
> devices.

> Jim Quinlan (3):
>   dt-bindings: PCI: Add bindings for brcmstb's PCIe device
>   PCI: brcmstb: add Broadcom STB PCIe host controller driver
>   PCI: brcmstb: add MSI capability

Please update these subjects to match the others, i.e., capitalize
"Add".  Also, I think "Add MSI capability" really means "Add support
for MSI ..."; in PCIe terms the "MSI Capability" is a structure in
config space and it's there whether the OS supports it or not.

No need to repost just for this.

> Nicolas Saenz Julienne (4):
>   linux/log2.h: Add roundup/rounddown_pow_two64() family of functions
>   ARM: dts: bcm2711: Enable PCIe controller
>   MAINTAINERS: Add brcmstb PCIe controller
>   arm64: defconfig: Enable Broadcom's STB PCIe controller
Nicolas Saenz Julienne Nov. 27, 2019, 5:28 p.m. UTC | #2
Hi Bjorn,

On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 15:50 -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 10:19:38AM +0100, Nicolas Saenz Julienne wrote:
> > This series aims at providing support for Raspberry Pi 4's PCIe
> > controller, which is also shared with the Broadcom STB family of
> > devices.
> > Jim Quinlan (3):
> >   dt-bindings: PCI: Add bindings for brcmstb's PCIe device
> >   PCI: brcmstb: add Broadcom STB PCIe host controller driver
> >   PCI: brcmstb: add MSI capability
> 
> Please update these subjects to match the others, i.e., capitalize
> "Add".  Also, I think "Add MSI capability" really means "Add support
> for MSI ..."; in PCIe terms the "MSI Capability" is a structure in
> config space and it's there whether the OS supports it or not.
> 
> No need to repost just for this.

Noted, I'll update them.

Regards,
Nicolas