[0/5] m68k: IO Fixes and Cleanups
mbox series

Message ID 20180709093040.23597-1-geert@linux-m68k.org
Headers show
Series
  • m68k: IO Fixes and Cleanups
Related show

Message

Geert Uytterhoeven July 9, 2018, 9:30 a.m. UTC
Hi all,

This patch series contains fixes and cleanups for I/O accessors on m68k
platforms (with MMU).

The first patch contains small fixes without any dependencies.
Patches 2 and 3 make small adjustments to drivers that are dependencies
for further cleanup.
Patch 4 and 5 complete the cleanup.

Changes compared to v1:
  - Move ARCH_HAS_IOREMAP_WT to fix "ioremap_wt redefined" warnings with
    m5475evb defconfig,
  - Add Acked-by.

Given the dependencies, I think it's easiest if the respective
maintainers would provide their Acked-by, so all patches can go in
through the m68k tree.

Thanks!

Geert Uytterhoeven (5):
  m68k/io: Add missing ioremap define guards, fix typo
  net: mac8390: Use standard memcpy_{from,to}io()
  Input: hilkbd - Add casts to HP9000/300 I/O accessors
  m68k/io: Move mem*io define guards to <asm/kmap.h>
  m68k/io: Switch mmu variant to <asm-generic/io.h>

 arch/m68k/include/asm/io.h          |  7 +++++
 arch/m68k/include/asm/io_mm.h       | 42 +++--------------------------
 arch/m68k/include/asm/io_no.h       | 12 ---------
 arch/m68k/include/asm/kmap.h        |  9 ++++++-
 drivers/input/keyboard/hilkbd.c     |  4 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/8390/mac8390.c | 20 +++++++-------
 6 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 64 deletions(-)

Comments

Greg Ungerer July 10, 2018, 1:48 a.m. UTC | #1
Hi Geert,

On 09/07/18 19:30, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> 
> This patch series contains fixes and cleanups for I/O accessors on m68k
> platforms (with MMU).
> 
> The first patch contains small fixes without any dependencies.
> Patches 2 and 3 make small adjustments to drivers that are dependencies
> for further cleanup.
> Patch 4 and 5 complete the cleanup.
> 
> Changes compared to v1:
>    - Move ARCH_HAS_IOREMAP_WT to fix "ioremap_wt redefined" warnings with
>      m5475evb defconfig,
>    - Add Acked-by.
> 
> Given the dependencies, I think it's easiest if the respective
> maintainers would provide their Acked-by, so all patches can go in
> through the m68k tree.

Retested on ColdFire 5475, looks good.
For the whole series:

Acked-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@linux-m68k.org>

Regards
Greg



> Thanks!
> 
> Geert Uytterhoeven (5):
>    m68k/io: Add missing ioremap define guards, fix typo
>    net: mac8390: Use standard memcpy_{from,to}io()
>    Input: hilkbd - Add casts to HP9000/300 I/O accessors
>    m68k/io: Move mem*io define guards to <asm/kmap.h>
>    m68k/io: Switch mmu variant to <asm-generic/io.h>
> 
>   arch/m68k/include/asm/io.h          |  7 +++++
>   arch/m68k/include/asm/io_mm.h       | 42 +++--------------------------
>   arch/m68k/include/asm/io_no.h       | 12 ---------
>   arch/m68k/include/asm/kmap.h        |  9 ++++++-
>   drivers/input/keyboard/hilkbd.c     |  4 +--
>   drivers/net/ethernet/8390/mac8390.c | 20 +++++++-------
>   6 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 64 deletions(-)
>
Geert Uytterhoeven July 18, 2018, 11:37 a.m. UTC | #2
On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:48 AM Greg Ungerer <gerg@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On 09/07/18 19:30, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > This patch series contains fixes and cleanups for I/O accessors on m68k
> > platforms (with MMU).
> >
> > The first patch contains small fixes without any dependencies.
> > Patches 2 and 3 make small adjustments to drivers that are dependencies
> > for further cleanup.
> > Patch 4 and 5 complete the cleanup.
> >
> > Changes compared to v1:
> >    - Move ARCH_HAS_IOREMAP_WT to fix "ioremap_wt redefined" warnings with
> >      m5475evb defconfig,
> >    - Add Acked-by.
> >
> > Given the dependencies, I think it's easiest if the respective
> > maintainers would provide their Acked-by, so all patches can go in
> > through the m68k tree.
>
> Retested on ColdFire 5475, looks good.
> For the whole series:
>
> Acked-by: Greg Ungerer <gerg@linux-m68k.org>

Thanks, applied and queued for v4.19.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert