poky.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
From: "Daniel Squires" <dan@engineeredarts.co.uk>
To: poky@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Unexpected package version going backwards warnings.
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 16:02:34 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi!
We're using kirkstone, though not the very latest at present.
Every now and then a a number of packages will unexpectedly give the error
re package versions going backwards and teh version may have done something
like go from git5-######-r0.1 to git3-#######-r0.0.
We always see this if we've been using devtool for a given recipe and then
do a devtool reset, it complains about going back from git999 to e.g. git5
but this makes sense and we just run the build again and forget about it.
However sometimes this just seems to happen randomly for a given recipe
when it picks up a new commit from our repos and the git autoinc number
will have gone back a few.
Does anybody know why and if it is a bug or an be fixed?

--
*Dan Squires*
Senior Roboticist

[image: EA Phone Number]+44 (0)1326 378129

[image: RoboThespian FB] <https://www.facebook.com/RobotThespian> [image:
RoboThespian Twitter] <https://twitter.com/robothespian> [image: EA YouTube]
<http://youtube.com/EngineeredArts>
[image: Engineered Arts Logo] <https://www.engineeredarts.co.uk/>