qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
* [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 6.1.0 is now available
@ 2021-08-24 20:24 Michael Roth
From: Michael Roth @ 2021-08-24 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: peter.maydell

Hello,

On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of
the QEMU 6.1.0 release. This release contains 3000+ commits from 221
authors.

You can grab the tarball from our download page here:

  https://www.qemu.org/download/#source

The full list of changes are available at:

  https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/6.1

Highlights include:

 * block: support for changing block node options after creation via
   'blockdev-reopen' QMP command
 * Crypto: more performant backend recommendations and improved documentation
 * I2C: emulation support for I2C muxes (pca9546, pca9548) and PMBus
 * TCG Plugins: now enabled by default, with new execlog and cache modelling
   plugins [1].

 * ARM: new board support for Aspeed (rainier-bmc, quanta-q7l1), npcm7xx
   (quanta-gbs-bmc), and Cortex-M3 (stm32vldiscovery) based machines
 * ARM: Aspeed support of Hash and Crypto Engine
 * ARM: emulation support for SVE2 (including bfloat16), integer matrix multiply
   accumulate operations, TLB invalidate in Outer Shareable domain, TLB range
   invalidate, and more.
 * PowerPC: pseries: support for detecting hotplug failures in newer guests
 * PowerPC: pseries: increased maximum CPU count
 * PowerPC: pseries: emulation support for some POWER10 prefixed instructions
 * PowerPC: new board support for Genesi/bPlan Pegasos II (pegasos2)
 * RISC-V: updates to OpenTitan platform support, including OpenTitan timer
 * RISC-V: support for virtio-vga
 * RISC-V: documentation improvements and general code cleanups/fixes
 * s390: emulation support for the vector-enhancements facility
 * s390: support for gen16 CPU models
 * x86: new Intel CPU model versions with support for XSAVES instruction
 * x86: added ACPI based PCI hotplug support for Q35 machine (now the default)
 * x86: improvements to emulation of AMD virtualization extensions

 * and lots more...

Thank you to everyone involved!

[1] https://www.qemu.org/2021/08/19/tcg-cache-modelling-plugin/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-08-24 20:31 UTC | newest]