On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 05:11:50PM -0000, timsoft wrote: > have used wireshark on host and nothing is coming through when I try to ping the host from the client. (bare with me as I haven't used wireshark before). > I'm just upgrading the client to slack64 14.1 so I can get wireshark running on it. (process is a little slow, especially with no functioning network on the client). If all goes well, I'll be able to test that by tomorrow (it took about 5hours to install last time). I'll then post back here. > If there are any specific tests or methods I could follow that would help please let me know. Please post the following output from the guest: # ip addr # ip route # iptables -L -n This way we can verify that the guest's network interface is configured, up, and has no firewall rules that could filter packets. Please post output from the "ipconfig /all" command on the Windows host. Stefan