On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 09:20:56AM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote: > On 16/07/2019 07.35, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote: > > SLOF implements one itself so let's remove it from QEMU. It is one less > > image and simpler setup as the RTAS blob never stays in its initial place > > anyway as the guest OS always decides where to put it. > > > > This totally depends on https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1132440/ , > > hence RFC. > > Patch looks basically fine for me, but I wonder whether we should wait > for one or two releases until we really remove it from QEMU, so that it > is still possible to test the latest QEMU with older SLOF releases for a > while (which is sometimes useful when hunting bugs). Or should this > maybe even go through the official deprecation process (i.e. with an > entry in qemu-deprecated.texi)? I don't really like this idea. It blocks some cleanups I'd like to do which rely on it being truly gone, not just sometimes-gone. I think it's reasonable to do this, since the "raw" rtas blob from qemu was never supposed to be a guest visible artifact - any guest that was relying on this was going out of its way to be fragile. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson