On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 05:46:04PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote: > On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 17:44, Cédric Le Goater wrote: > > > > If an IRQ is allocated and not configured, such as a MSI requested by > > a PCI driver, it can be saved in its default state and possibly later > > on restored using the same state. If not initially MASKED, KVM will > > try to find a matching priority/target tuple for the interrupt and > > fail to restore the VM because 0/0 is not a valid target. > > > > When allocating a IRQ number, the EAS should be set to a sane default : > > VALID and MASKED. > > > > Reported-by: Satheesh Rajendran > > Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater > > --- > > > > David, this fixes a "virsh save/restore" issue in certain configurations > > of CPU topology which never showed up before :/ > > > > Peter, I was busy on a KVM/passthru issue and lacked the time to > > investigate all ... you decide. > > rc5 has been tagged so this is definitely too late for 4.1. Understood. It's unfortunate, but I've merged this for 4.2, and I'll look into stable branch and downstream backports. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson