Am Thu, 16 Jan 2020 19:26:39 +0100 schrieb Paolo Bonzini : > My understanding is that Xen is able to use "-M > pc-i440fx-VERSION,accel=xen". The presence of the version in the > machine type guarantees that the migration stream is compatible and that > the hardware exposed to the guest is the same on the source and destination. It seems 'xenfv' is not a 'pc-i440fx-X.X', even with accel=xen. The "xen-platform" will not be created and as a result no PV driver can be used. I do not know what a 'xenfv' is supposed to be, and how it is supposed to behave compatible for all existing and future guests. Olaf