On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 02:19:14PM -0400, Vivek Goyal wrote: > On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 02:02:03PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > Container runtimes handle namespace setup and remove privileges needed by > > virtiofsd to perform sandboxing. Luckily the container environment already > > provides most of the sandbox that virtiofsd needs for security. > > > > Introduce a new "virtiofsd -o chroot" option that uses chroot(2) instead of > > namespaces. This option allows virtiofsd to work inside a container. > > > > Please see the individual patches for details on the changes and security > > implications. > > > > Given that people are starting to attempt running virtiofsd in containers I > > think this should go into QEMU 5.1. > > Hi Stefan, > > I have written a document to help with testing virtiofs with any changes. > > https://github.com/rhvgoyal/misc/blob/master/virtiofs-tests/virtio-fs-testing-requirement.txt > > Will be good to run some of these tests to make sure there are no > regressions due to these changes. Thank you! I will run them and post the results. Stefan